Sunday, January 8, 2012

Holiday Season 2011

Well, I've been back at work for a week and I'm already counting down to the next break! I had such a wonderful holiday break. The hubs and I brought the kitties up to Northern VA for a few days to celebrate Christmas with our families. Here are some of the highlights of our trip:

We went to Christmas Eve Mass @ the beautiful Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
in DC

We shared a delicious meal with my Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister,  and Uncle after Mass ...thanks Dad!
We spent Christmas morning at my parent's house...the cats had fun exploring the presents
Bella was not too thrilled about her Reindeer outfit and kept trying to hide
We spent our third (!) Christmas together as husband & wife!
(and I got new glasses a few days before christmas!)
 
We visited with Drew's parents and sisters to exchange gifts on Christmas Day
We had a big Christmas dinner at my parent's house!
Once again, my mom did a superb job of cooking us a very tasty meal
 (I  have a lot to live up to when it's my turn to host the holidays!)
What a great husband...he put up with taking a "family" picture  with the cats
Drew and I got the game "Smart Ass" and we had fun playing
(although aside from Drew, everyone else in this picture looks really upset! They had fun, I promise!)

 All in all, it was a wonderful holiday! We got to see our parents and siblings, and also had the chance to visit with my Uncle Scott, who was in from California, and my Grampy and Bobbi, who were up from North Carolina. We even got to meet Bobbi's daughter, son-in-law and grandson, Trey. This caused my mom to go into major grand-baby fever, so that's been fun (though if I'm being completely honest, I was kind of right there with her...but not grand-baby fever...well, you know!).








No comments:

Post a Comment