Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fun (of the costume, furniture, and photoshop variety)

I have to say, it's been a pretty fun and relaxing weekend. Have I gotten anything on my "to do" list done? Well, no. Have I done a lot of Pinterest pinning and other fun but unnecessary tasks? Of course!

On Friday, the hubby and I had lots of fun at my school's Trunk or Treat event. It was fun to dress up and decorate the trunk (and you know I love decorating!) and the kids really had a blast. They pranced around in their cute little costumes, little princesses and spongebobs and pumpkins and bloody zombies with skin dripping off their faces(....okay,so  not every costume was cute. But hey, way to be creative!) and got tons of candy. There were a lot of kids -- we gave one piece of candy to each kid and went through five (!!) bags of candy. A good time was had by all, and I have to say, I believe Mario and Luigi were a huge hit!



Yesterday, my husband shocked me when he suggested we spend our day looking at furniture. (Who are you and what have you done with my husband?) I happily took him up on this offer. We checked out a few local furniture stores and went out to lunch. It was fun! Since we're moving into a much bigger place and it's our first "grown up" house, we have a lot of furniture to buy. We took a ton of pictures and enjoyed dreaming about where everything will fit in our beautiful new home. We can't wait until it is finished!

Testing out all the furniture...please ignore my crazy face.
At this point, I had become a little silly.


Today, I'm supposed to be doing my lesson plans...clearly I'm still occupied with other things. Oh well, everything will get done eventually! I'm much more interested in playing with my new toy, Photoshop. I've been trying to learn how to use it...I want my pictures to have that professionally edited look. There are so many different types of edits in photoshop, it is kind of overwhelming. I discovered that you can use "actions" as shortcuts but I haven't quite figured those out yet and plus, most of them cost a lot of money (like, 130 bucks!). Buying photoshop itself was enough of an expenditure for now. 

I watched a few tutorials on how to improve your photographs, particularly of people. I practiced with a photograph of my sister I took a few years ago. I was pretty happy with how the edited version turned out!
Before (left) and After (right)

I guess now that I've had a little playtime, I should probably get to work. Gotta make sure I'm ready for the upcoming week with my fun fifth-graders!







No comments:

Post a Comment