Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pinterest Day

I am in love with Pinterest. Pinterest, if you haven't heard, is a magical  world of crafting ideas, recipes, design inspiration, and pretty much anything you might enjoy looking at. I can spend hours pinning and collecting a plethora of DIY ideas, but rarely do I actually create any of them. Until today, that is!

Today's projects: Christmas gifts for coworkers, a clothespin wreath for Christmas cards, and Nutella fudge (Yum!!!)

Pinterest Project 1: Christmas Card Wreath 
My finished wreath
Country Living Mirror

I've been trying to come up with a cute way to display the Christmas cards we receive from family, and when I came across this mirror on Pinterest (originally from Country Living), I was inspired! I adapted this design to create a Clothespin Wreath/ Card Holder.

Materials: Embroidery hoop, clothespins, acrylic paint, ribbon.

These pictures chronicle my "creative process" :



I'm really happy with the way it turned out! Of course, after I finished, I discovered (on Pinterest, naturally) that many other people have already come up with this idea, and I was not in fact being original. Oh well! I still like the results!

Detail shot of the finished product

Pinterest Project 2: Christmas Gifts for Coworkers
Cowgirl Cookies

I saw these adorable Cowgirl Cookies from Bakerella on Pinterest, and I thought that with a little tweaking they would be the perfect gift to make for the other teachers I work with as a holiday gift.

Christmas cookies in a jar!

Of course, having a male teacher on the team, I couldn't make "Cowgirl" cookies for everyone...plus, while the pink is cute, it doesn't really have anything to do with Christmas. 

Instead, I  made "Santa Cookies"....or maybe "Cookies for Santa"...I haven't added the labels yet, but I'm so happy with how they turned out!


Pinterest Project 3: Nutella Fudge 

Pinned Image
from  thecrunchymamacita.blogspot.com

When I saw this, I think I drooled a little. I have a major sweet tooth and I love nutella, so when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. I've actually never made fudge before and this was super easy! I've yet to taste the finished result, although I tasted a lot along the way and I'm pretty confident it will taste delicious!
My fudge, uncut. I had to use kosher
salt instead of sea salt, which is why it
looks a little different.



Well, that's a pretty good summary of my Pinterest day! It felt so good to both start AND finish these projects in one day...and I'm sure my husband is happy that I don't have another half-finished project laying around the house.

 I'll have to have more Pinterest days, but not until after Christmas and my birthday, when I  have gift money to fund my crafting! ^_^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment